Location: Fort St. John North Peace Museum, 9323-100th Street, Fort St. John, BC V1J 4N4
Start Date: July 3, 2018
End Date: August 24, 2018
Daily Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm (one hour lunch from 1 pm to 2 pm)
Weekly Hours: 35 hours
Responsibilities will include:
• Learning the Fort St. John North Peace Museum’s cataloguing procedures
• Cataloguing and researching photographs
• Learning museum procedures concerning the care and safe handling of artifacts and archival materials
• Photographing artifacts according to the Fort St. John North Peace Museum’s standards
• Researching, writing, and designing a small exhibit for the museum’s display case at the North Peace Regional airport
• Learning how to operate the cash register and interact with museum visitors
• Carrying out the opening and closing tasks required of museum staff
The applicants for this position must have an interest in Canadian and local history and be willing to learn more about the Fort St. John - North Peace region. They should enjoy meeting and interacting with the public. These candidates must be flexible, sociable, and work well with Museum staff and volunteers. Applicants need to be well organized, self-motivated, able to take direction, and able to work without constant direct supervision. These individuals must be responsible and mature. Excellent computer skills are required. Photography and research skills are valuable assets.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and be eligible for and registered under Young Canada Works. They must be attending secondary or post-secondary school full time.
The Fort St. John North Peace Museum is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and to achieving a workforce which is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority group or a person with a disability.
Resumes and cover letters should be received by Friday June 8, 2018 with interviews taking place later in June. Resumes and cover letters can be mailed or dropped off at the Fort St. John North Peace Museum, 9323 - 100th Street, Fort St. John, BC V1J 4N4 or e-mailed to email@example.com.